Outside Hours School Care
ABOUT OUT OF SCHOOL HOURS CARE
The program operates in the OLR Hall. Access to the hall is via the lower carpark (Moggill Road).
This service provides before and after school care and vacation care programs. The service aims to provide support to families through the provision of:
- quality care in a safe and secure environment for all children from Prep to Year 7, without bias or prejudice,
- an environment in which the importance of middle childhood is supported through the provision of social and recreational activities,
- an opportunity for all children to develop social skills and life skills, skills being supported by qualified staff,
- quiet areas for reflection and the completion of school tasks,
- opportunities for staff initiated imaginative play and fun, through programming that reflects the children's likes, interests and hobbies.
Hours of Operation
Before School Care: 7.00am - 8.30am
After School Care: 2.45pm - 6.00pm
Vacation Care: 7.00am - 6.00pm
The program includes a great variety of activities ranging from art and craft, outside sport and other games, music and drama.
Application forms can be found in "Forms - Out of School Hours Forms"
OLR OSHC recognises the importance of homework. Whilst it is the policy of the service that homework is an individual's responsibility, we endeavour to create a time and place where homework may be done. Staff may assist with homework from time to time depending on numbers and ratios of children to staff.