Enrolment in all year levels is by application at any time throughout the year. An enrolment fee of $40 applies. An appointment for the student and family will be made with a member of the Leadership team on application.
The enrolment form should be completed and returned to the school along with the following:
- Copy of Birth Certificate
- Copy of Baptism Certificate
- $40 Booking Fee
- Copy of Passport and Visa, if child not born in Australia
- Copy of Vaccination Records
- Copies of previous school reports
Applications are invited for Prep to Yr 7.
Download an enrolment form below.
Enrolment for Prep 2014 Applications are being accepted now for children eligible for Prep in 2014. Children born between 1 July 2007 - 30 June 2009 are eligible for Prep in 2014.
Birth / Baptismal Certificates / Visa
Enrolments for Prep or children enrolling for the first time at OLR in Year 1, cannot be confirmed until documentary evidence of a child's date of birth has beensubmitted.
A birth certificate or extract is required. A copy of the child's Baptismal Certificate, Australian visa (if applicable).
Our enrolment policy has been formulated in keeping with the mission and purpose of a parish Catholic school and current position in relation to buildings, facilities, resources and staffing. OLR is a large Archdiocesan primary school with an enrolment, in 2013, of 626 pupils in Prep-Year 7.
The population of the Western Suburbs is growing rapidly and there continues to be a strong demand for enrolments at OLR.
Our initial point for enrolment is Prep which is offered on a full-time basis. Whilst Prep is non-compulsory, it is deemed to be our first year of schooling and a vital part of the early childhood education process.
Children will not be excluded from OLR for financial reasons related to the inability of the family to pay fees. Such commitment from the Parish is conditional upon the family adhering to the terms of the school fee remission process managed by the school. The process is characterised by justice and equity for all and pastoral care for the family in need. It is an expectation that all families make some contribution towards fees.
The enrolment of students with special needs will be considered in accordance with Brisbane Catholic Education's Policy on Enrolment and Support Procedures for Students with Special Needs. This policy takes into account, and is in accordance with, Brisbane Catholic Education Administration Guidelines on the Enrolment of Students.
The school does not maintain registration for the enrolment of full fee paying overseas students. Refer to the Brisbane Catholic Education site for a list of schools which enrol these students.
LEAVING THE SCHOOL
- The Principal must be notified in writing three (3) calendar months prior to a student’s last day of enrolment or, in the case of withdrawal at the end of the school year, by the 1st of October of the last year of enrolment. Failure to provide such notification of withdrawal may incur one term’s fee in lieu.
- The Principal must be notified in writing by 1st October of a family’s intention not to proceed with a new enrolment for the start of the forthcoming school year. Failure to provide such notification may result in the Enrolment Confirmation Fee being forfeited.
If a child is leaving to attend another school, written notice to the Principal is required at least a week prior to the transfer, to allow for documentation to be assembled. It is necessary to provide written permission to the Principal so records can be forwarded to ensure continuity of schooling for each child.
|Enrolment Application Form|
|Application for Enrolment Notes for Printing|
|Application for Enroment Notes Booklet|